Thursday, August 16, 2012

8 months old!

My sweet Luca,

You're 8 months old! I was looking at some of your newborn pictures the other day and I cannot believe how much you've grown. You would never know you were a 5 pounder when you were born! Your appetite is really picking up, and you love love your dinner time with mommy. We try all sorts of new food, and you've been making a huge mess every night. Making a mess seems to be a theme these days, as you're playing with more and more toys and wanting stimulus from all over. Some of your favorite toys are kitchen utensils like big spoons and spatulas. You try to put the serving spoon in your mouth, and laugh when it doesn't fit.
I love your laugh..


You seem to always have something in your mouth- your toes are still a favorite, but I think it's getting a little harder for you to reach them because of your growing belly:)

Your feet are growing SO fast, and some of our favorite summer shoes don't fit any more! You're already wearing mostly 12 month clothes (and some of those are getting snug), so I try not to plan for what size you'll be in the winter because I just don't know!
You've started to really recognize some of your favorite toys, and you love to hug. You like to grab my face and pull me close for an open mouth smooch/nose bite. Mommy loves loves your hugs, but finds it very cute when you love your giraffe too!
Wait a second.. I know you!
You're my giraffe!
And I lovvvve you!

You're so curious about textures and you love the soft rug in your room and Max's soft hair. You're learning that if you pull on it, the rug actually lifts, and you find that hysterical. Mommy has to keep you from pulling Max's hair like you pull the soft rug!

You're also beginning your journey of learning how to crawl. You have the backward scoot mastered, but you just need to learn to go forward! It's work in progress, and you're doing great.
The reverse crawl

Some milestones:
Swimming in the ocean for the first time with Daddy- you laughed hysterically every time a wave hit. I've never seen a baby love water as much as you do. You trust and love your Daddy so much.
Standing while holding onto the ottoman
Actually swallowing a lot of what you eat!
Sitting up and watching the world around you
Sleeping through the night for the very first (and only) time- mommy hasn't slept that much in months!
Meeting a ton of new family at your Auntie's baby shower- you were very very cranky, but everyone still thought you were adorable!
Playing tickle monster, peek-a-boo, and ride the horsey- you laugh SO hard!
Story time with daddy- daddy gives you your bath and reads stories with you on the weekends and you LOVE that time with him.
Favorite toys: stacking cups, sofie the giraffe, captain calamari, and of course kitchen spoons. Daddy got you a new piano and I can't wait for you to try it- you're going to love it!
Saying (I think) mama- I'm still waiting to call the official "first word" milestone until I hear it clearly
Starting to wave hi to people. You say "hi" (kind of), again waiting to call that one


I say this every month, but I'm enjoying my time with you so much. You make me smile, and I can't imagine my life without your giggles.

All my love,
your mama

No comments:

Post a Comment