Friday, June 1, 2012

Luca's first time to the beach!

Every summer we spend a few weekends and a week in August up in Maine. I wasn't sure if we would make the trek this year for Memorial day weekend because things were sort of hectic around here, and we hadn't really traveled at all with Luca. But Saturday morning I woke up, and I just felt like it wouldn't feel like summer if we didn't go at least for a day. So.. we packed up and hit the road
 Max lovvves the beach and Memorial day is the last weekend he can hang out during the day- the rest of the summer has a time restriction for dogs on the beach. Notice the little shaved arm? Yeah, that's another story. Max had to have FOUR teeth pulled last week! I feel so bad for him, but he didn't seem to mind being a little loopy on pain pills while hanging with us.

Luca's not quite 6 months yet, so we weren't able to put sunscreen on him. Luckily my SIL had a sun tent, and we shed our layers a little, which made this little man very happy!
 Love his Daddy and loves to be naked!
 We didn't get in the water this time, but next trip to the beach we're going all out.
 The next morning we took a walk on the beach before breakfast. I love the crisp air and the calm sound of the waves. Luca loved it too.
Ah this face..
So summer is officially here- bring on the white pants (actually skirts for me, I don't love wearing pants in the summer) and short sleeves!

Any recommendations for a good sun tent? We need one asap- Luca is loving this weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment