Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Week 24

Where's waldo?! See my little Maxwell in the background? Love that little man.
 
Things around here have been pretty low key lately as I'm still on bed rest, but my belly is growing, that's for sure! I know I keep saying this, but this pregnancy is really night and day compared to my pregnancy with Luca. This time around I started feeling movement a lot earlier, I had much more nausea, and I've had so much less energy than I had with Luca. Typically women get a surge of energy in the second trimester, and I'm still waiting for that. I'm not sure if I could be getting any more rest, but I still feel like I'm absolutely exhausted. I'm not sure where the motivation is going to come from to complete baby girl's nursery.
 
My wardrobe these days consists of stretchy pants and comfy shirts- hardly the heels and maternity wear I've been used to at work. As much as bed rest is annoying, I do enjoy the uniform.
 
At the end of this week, I'll be hitting a huge milestone- 24 weeks. This is the time when the pregnancy is considered "viable" and if I went into labor the baby would have a chance of survival. Huge, huge milestone for baby girl!
 
(excuse the mess in our bedroom- I'm not exactly cleaning like I usually do!)

Unfortunately I've been gaining more weight than I did with Luca. My appetite isn't great, but I'm still managing to put on the el bees. This certainly doesn't help with my lazy blob syndrome, and I'm hoping that I'll be able to get a little more active soon so my energy level improves and my weight gain plateaus.

Luca has been doing the CUTEST thing lately before bed. We snuggle and read a book, and when he's ready to go to sleep he rolls over onto his tummy and scooches down so his head is on my belly. He laughs and sometimes licks and tries to bite my belly before he passes out on my bump. I'm not sure exactly why he's doing this, but I tell myself he's talking to his sister. Luca is getting so silly lately, and I can't get enough of his little quirks.

Nursery progress is sort of at a stand still until I can find a suitable WHITE crib. I cannot believe how hard it is to find a white white crib- not ivory. I've also been spending a lot of my time planning Luca's first birthday party, because if I am allowed to go back to work I won't have much time!

Little lady, we're getting ready for you and I'm so glad you've cooperated these past few weeks!

Happy voting day everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment